Audition Notice: Pippin
Music and lyrics by Stephen Schwartz
Book by Roger O. Hirson
Director: Daniel Morris
Music Director: Ben Oehlkers
Choreographer: Lauren Brooks
Performance Dates: September 15, 21, 22, 28, 29 @ 8 PM, September 16 @ 2 PM
Tech Dates: Sunday, September 9 – Friday, September 14
Tentative Rehearsal Days: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings beginning after July 4th
Location: The Footlight Club, Eliot Hall, 7A Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain, MA
AUDITIONS: By appointment only. Please sign up here.
Location: Footlight Club, Eliot Hall, 7A Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain, MA
Dates: Monday, June 4th & Tuesday, June 5th from 7-10pm
Callbacks: Thursday, June 7th at 7 PM
- Actors will audition in groups of six.
- Prepare 32 bars of a song of your choice. Bring sheet music in the proper key.
- Sides will be provided at the initial audition.
- Audition forms can be filled out ahead of time or at the audition. Please arrive at least 15 minutes proper to your slot if you need to complete an audition form on site.
- Bring a headshot and resume, only if you have one!
- Dance call will take place at callbacks, please dress accordingly.
- Know your conflicts to list on the audition sheet. Please be thorough.
Other Audition Info:
- Appointment times are start times. Each time slot will accommodate up to six (6) auditioners. Please arrive in enough time prior to your appointment time to be ready to begin the process promptly.
- Missed appointments or late arrivals will only be accommodated as space and time allows.
- Actors needed at callbacks will be emailed by 10am the day of callbacks.
- All actors will be notified of casting results following callbacks.
- For questions, please contact the producer, Sandi McDonald at email@example.com.
ABOUT THE SHOW
With an infectiously unforgettable score from four-time Grammy winner, three-time Oscar winner, and musical theatre giant, Stephen Schwartz, Pippin is the tale of a young prince on his search for meaning and significance.
*Actors should be able to convincingly play these ages on stage, but don't necessarily need to look that age.*
**Casting all ethnicities and body types.**
Leading Player (Gender and Age flexible)
The ultimate 'ring leader.' Masterfully charming and manipulative, the Leading Player is a chameleon of sorts. Guides Pippin through his own story and tries to intervene at the end. Excellent dancer. Obsessed with putting on a great show for the audience.
Pippin (Gender: Male, Age: 18 to 21)
Our story's young and confused protagonist. He is longing to find his purpose in life. Naive, innocent, and discontent. Eventually finds love, and meaning in life, with Catherine and Theo.
Charles (Gender: Male, Age: 50 to 60)
Pippin's demanding father. As the King of the Holy Roman Empire, Charlemagne is more comfortable wielding a sword than breaking bread. He wears his years with great pride.
Fastrada (Gender: Female, Age: 35 to 45)
Pippin's conniving stepmother. A seductress, who is no stranger to deceit and betrayal, she is both sexy and smart. Skilled at using her sexual appeal to benefit her and her son.
Berthe (Gender: Female, Age: 67)
Pippin's saucy grandmother. A brassy broad full of wisdom, grace, and sass. She tries to help Pippin and encourages him to live his life to the fullest.
Catherine (Gender: Female, Age: 25 to 35)
A widow and mother. She is a beautiful and a hopeless romantic, who possesses graceful elegance. Encounters Pippin at his lowest point and eventually falls in love with him.
Theo (Gender: Male, Age: 6 to 10)
Charlemagne’s Army, Monks, Nobility, Peasants, The Players